Meet the Maker Series: Pete Carlson with MatchbookWines
Tuesday, Apr 3, 5:30-7:30
This Tuesday we’re very excited to have a special tasting with Pete Carlson, Regional Manager for Matchbook Wines. Pete will share 5 wines from the Giguiere family, who also make the Mossback and Arsonist wines. The Giguieres immigrated to Northern California in the 1850s where they spent five generations as farmers before evolving into boutique winemaking almost 40 years ago.
*PLEASE NOTE: We will be having two seated tastings at 5:30 and 6:30 in order to work with Pete’s schedule. If you are interested in attending, could you please just note the time-frame in our FB comments section so we can come up with a rough headcount for our back room?
We’ll be tasting a fun variety of their highly ranked wines from the region, including:
- Matchbook Estate Chardonnay – Lush, tropical flavors of pineapple, mango and macaroons combine in this creamy white (89 Points and Editor’s Choice from Wine Enthusiast)
- Mossback Russian River Valley Chardonnay – A classic Russian River Valley Chard balancing crisp apples and cream, stony minerals and rich texture (94 Points/Gold North Coast Wine Challenge)
- Matchbook Estate Cabernet Sauvignon – This classic Cabernet was aged for 14 months in French, Hungarian and American oak for a toasty red tasting of dark fruit, nutmeg, clove and tobacco (89 Points and Editor’s Choice from Wine Enthusiast)
- Mossback Russian River Valley Pinot Noir — A bright ruby red bursting with fruit flavors of red and black cherry, cranberry, and a touch of vanilla on the finish (93 Points from Tastings)
- Arsonist Red Blend – This rich blend of Petit Verdot, Malbec and Cab tastes of blackberry, blueberry, and dark plums combined with caramel and dark chocolate (91 Points and Editor’s Choice from Wine Enthusiast)