This Tuesday we’re very excited to have a special tasting with Pete Carlson, Regional Manager for Matchbook Wines. Pete visited us in Spring to taste several wines from the Matchbook portfolio, and this time he’s bringing some different varietals and labels (including several that are just being introduced to the market!) Pete will share 6 wines from the Giguiere family, who also make the Arsonist, Mossback and Tinto Rey wines. The Giguieres immigrated to Northern California in the 1850s where they spent five generations as farmers before evolving into boutique wine-making almost 40 years ago.
*PLEASE NOTE: We will be having two seated tastings at 5:30 and 6:30 in order to work with Pete’s schedule. If you are interested in attending, could you please note the time-frame in our FB comments section so we can come up with a rough headcount for our back room?
- Tinto Rey Rose – Pretty flavors of peaches, nectarines and melon with a delightfully fresh finish.
- Tinto Rey Tempranillo – Spicy old-world flavors play nicely with the bright juiciness of California fruit.
- Arsonist Chardonnay – Rich fruit flavors of green and golden apples combine with toasty oak and vanilla in this lush but balanced Chardonnay.
- Arsonist Red Blend – This rich blend of Petit Verdot, Malbec and Cab tastes of blackberry, blueberry, and dark plums combined with caramel and dark chocolate.
- Matchbook Petite Sirah – A new wine from the Matchbook marker, this rich, inky red tastes of blueberry, dark chocolate, hazelnut and a touch of black tea.
- Matchbook Chardonnay – Lush, tropical flavors of pineapple, mango and macaroons combine in this creamy white (89 Points and Editor’s Choice from Wine Enthusiast)
- Matchbook Cabernet Sauvignon – This classic Cabernet was aged for 14 months in French, Hungarian and American oak for a toasty red tasting of dark fruit, nutmeg, clove and tobacco.