Announcing our new Tuesday Tastings — all day, all night (well, at least until we close around 11:00!)
Tuesday, September 23
Pinot Gris Me!
This week we’re launching our first flight of new wines featuring 3 fantastic pinot grigios perfect for the last days of summer. If you think of pinot grigio as the “lite beer” of wine, you haven’t tried these flavorful fruit-forward, more robust whites that will remind you why this great grape has become so popular. Featured wines include:
- Zenato—Exhibiting the minerality the Venezie region of Italy is famous for, this well-ranked wine (Wine Enthusiast: 87; Natalie Maclean: Top 10 Pinot Grigio) has floral notes, pear and melon flavors, and a clean citrus finish
- Belle Ambience—From Central Coast, CA, boasts honeysuckle and jasmine notes, followed by nectarine and honeydew with a dash of citrus to balance out the more medium-bodied white
- Scarpetta—A collaboration between American Sommelier Bobby Stuckey and Chef Lachlan Patterson also out of Venezie, the luscious white tastes of apple, pear, and a hint of pineapple balanced by acids and lemon.
Try a flight of three for $8.
Tuesday, September 30
This Tuesday Tasting is Cab-tastic!
For our second Tuesday Tasting, we feature 3 great California Cabs, all with distinct flavors and great price points.
- Ravenswood – From the Sonoma Vineyard with the motto “No Wimpy Wines” this cab lives up the promise: full bodied, dark, with notes of black cherry, oak and green pepper.
- Noble Vines 337 – One of our favorite new labels (they do a great chardonnay too!) Noble Vines delivers high quality at affordable prices. Out of Lodi, CA, their cab has already started garnering awards, as well it should. This clone of a famous Bordeaux vine stock (“Born in France… raised in America”), Noble Vines 337 tastes of blackberries and cherries with a hint of mocha and spice to balance it out.
- Freakshow – We’ll be the first to admit, we picked this up for the amazing label, but luckily the art offers only a hint at the carnival of flavors inside. This big smoky, oaky, fruity cab made by Michael David (Lodi, CA) is hard to resist. Rich in berries with a hint of dry, burning leaves, this has us ready to curl up with a bottle (or two) by the campfire just in time for fall.
Try a flight of three for $9.
Check back soon for our October Tuesday Tasting line up!