Weds, Dec 8, 5:30 pm and 7:00 pm
After almost 2 years of Covid, we’re excited to restart our Meet the Maker Series, where winemakers and importers from around the world taste and discuss some of their favorite selections.
On Weds, Dec 8, we’ll be featuring Mark Weeber of Trellis Beverage, a wine brokerage that represents small wineries in Italy, Spain, and California. We’ll be tasting a selection of 6 wines from Spain & Italy (details below).
In order to make the most of Mark’s time, we’ll be holding 2 seated tastings in our back room (5:30 and 7:00). There’s no need to purchase tickets ahead of time, but we do ask that you make a reservation at the link below (or note in our Facebook comments below what time you’ll be attending) so that we can come up with a headcount for each seating.
Look forward to tasting with you all!
- Gotas de Mar Godello, Rias Baixas – Grown along the Atlantic coast and border of Portugal, this region is famous for its white wines for good reason: this elegant, full-bodied Godello combines stone fruit and tropical fruit flavours with a touch of minerality and sea salt for a long, refreshing finish. $20 btl, $8 btg
- La Nymphina Monastrell, Yecla – This old-vine Monastrell (Mourvèdre) is hand-picked and hand-punched before being aged in French oak to create a fruit-filled red with flavours of black cherry, black plum, and blackberry with hints of baking spices and mocha. $16 btl, $8 btg
- Tosalet Priorat, Catalonia – Priorat is famous for its intensely flavoured red wines and Tosalet is a beautiful example: this blend of old-vine Garnacha, Carignan and Cab results in a rich, jammy mouthful of cherry, raspberry and sun-dried plums with a touch of flint and herbs on the finish. $21 btl, $9 btg
- Int3gral3 Prosecco, Veneto – A modern take on a classic sparkling, this 100% organic Glera is hand-picked and fermented in the Charmat method to create a bright bubbly bursting with notes of Granny Smith apple, white peach and pear with a clean finish. $19 btl, $8 btg
- Ricossa Barbera d’Asti, Piedmont – A classic treatment of the Barbera grape, the grapes are fermented on the skin for 10 days in a temperature controlled setting (traditional method) to create a dry, medium bodied red with notes of cherry, raspberry, and blackberry and hints of spice and earth on the finish. $15 btl, $7 btg
- Barone Montalto Ammasso Rosso, Sicily – This “Super-Sicilian”, which similar to a Super Tuscan is a modern take on traditional Italian wines, blends native Sicilian grapes (Nero d’Avola and Nerello Mascalese) with Merlot and Cab and is made in the appassimento method then aged in French barriques to create an elegant red with flavours of blackcurrants, blueberries, raspberries with a hint of candied cherries and toasted nuts. (Aging potential 10-15 years). $29 btl, $12 btg
Note: You will not be charged until the night of the event.