Meet the Maker Series: Buck Millbrandt of Millbrandt Vineyards
Tuesday, Apr 10, 5:30-7:30
Hi Folks! So we don’t usually hold our Meet the Maker series this regularly, but we’re very excited that this Tuesday, Buck Millbrandt of Millbrandt Vineyards is going to be stopping in Mobile for the night and we have a chance to taste some of his well-ranked wines! Buck’s family has been farming in Washington for 5 generations and his father Butch was one of the first winemakers in the Columbia Valley and helped establish both the Wahluke Slope and Ancient Lakes AVAs. He’ll be sharing several of the whites and reds that have helped put Washington State on the wine map.
*PLEASE NOTE: We will be having two seated tastings at 5:30 and 6:30 in order to work with Buck’s schedule. If you are interested in attending, could you please note the time-frame in our FB comments section so we can come up with a rough headcount?
Tasting wines include:
- Ancient Lakes Riesling – Named “Riesling of the Year” by Seattle Magazine, this off-dry white tastes of peaches, Granny Smith apples, and key lime with a touch of minerality.
- Columbia Valley Pinot Gris – A Wine Enthusiast Best Buy this light white balances bright melon flavors with hints of fresh cut grass and lemon zest.
- Brother’s Blend — Mocha, vanilla and black cherries and berries combine in this rich red blend of Syrah, Cab, Grenache, Mourvedre, Primitivo and Petite Sirah.
- 2012 The Estates Merlot – Dark plum, black cherry, anise, and dried herbs combine in this smokey Merlot from the Wahluke Slope.
- 2012 The Estates Cabernet Sauvignon – Black currant and cherry combine with mocha and espresso and a touch of cedar in this modern, mellow Cab.