This Tuesday Tasting (August 28) we’re excited to have a special tasting with Abigail Walker, Sales Manager for Elixer Wine Group. Abigail will be sharing 5 Argentinian Wines from Elixer’s portfolio. This pioneering importer has been working with small, family-owned producers from around the world for two decades, focusing on select portfolios from unique regions.
We’ll be tasting a fantastic variety of Argentinian wines including:
- La Yunta Torrontes – Made by a local cooperative in La Rioja, winemakers blend grapes from 3 different harvests to create a ripe, herbaceous Torrontes that is an elegant example of this unique Argentinian grape. $14 btl
- Alberti Malbec – This fruit-filled Mendoza Malbec is made in small lots and gravity fed to emphasize the ripe red and black berry flavours, then aged in French oak for one year to add a touch of spice and tannins. $19 btl
- La Mano Derecha Cabernet Reserve — Ripe plums, chocolate, and a touch of nutmeg combine in this medium-bodied, elegant Cab that is aged in French oak and stored for several years to attain “Reserva” status. $21 btl
- Fabre Montmayou Reserva Cabernet Franc – This 100% Cab Franc has been gaining international acclaim for its elegant nose and intense flavors of red and black fruit balanced with hints of mint and earth. $21 btl
- San Pedro de Yacochuya Red –This Bordeaux-style blend out of Salta has been earning high marks for its rich flavors of stewed fruits, raisin and molasses complemented by notes of herbs and coffee. $23 btl